Friday, August 19, 2011

High Watermark PV at Mall Galleries

There's two more days left of the High Watermark exhibition at the Mall Galleries - see Review: "High Watermark" at the Mall Galleries.

I visited the Private View on Tuesday and took the newly retired "he who must not be bored while I sketch" with me.  We had a quick trot round to see what was in the exhibition.

Then we sat down for a cup of tea and I drew this sketch in pen and ink (and then coloured it at home after a few quick colour notes in the gallery)

Discussing the High Watermark Exhibition
8" x 10". pen and sepia ink and coloured pencils in Moleskine Sketchbook
copyright Katherine Tyrrell

After which I made another tour of the exhibition and jotted down my notes of the artwork which had caught my eye - and had a very nice chat with the Presidents of the two watercolour societies - Ronald Maddox PRI, (President of the Royal Institute of Painters in Watercolours and David Paskett PRWS, (President of the Royal Watercolour Society).

It's so very nice to see the two societies collaborating together to produce this exhibition which is seen in two venues and provides yet another welcome exhibition of watercolour painting in London.

There's just one day left to see it - it closes at 3pm on Saturday 20th August

1 comment:

PLEASE NOTE:
I always check identities and ALL links in comments for spam.

Due to excessive attempts to introduce spam via comments on this blog, I've introduced a regime where all comments with links in the ID or text to the websites of hotels/resorts/tourist destinations will NOT be approved and are deleted. The websites of repeat spammers are also reported to Google.

Nice, sensible people who are not new to blogging probably don't need to read my Comments Policy