Monday, March 21, 2011

The Royal Horticultural Society Botanical Art Show

Once a year the Royal Horticultural Society (that's the people who run the Chelsea Flower Show) have a Botanical Art Show in London - at the RHS Horticultural Halls (near Vincent Square).

Yesterday the Orchid Show was in the Lawrence Hall and the Botanical Art Show was in the Lindley Hall.

My extremely dodgy foot made me wait until it was Sunday before I could visit - so I could drive and park in a street nearby.  It also made me sit down an awful lot.  This sketch was done from the cafe on the first floor which looked down on the exhibition of botanical and floral art - a great place for sketching a view of an exhibition!

RHS Botanical Art Show in the Lindley Hall 20th March 2011
pen and sepia ink and coloured pencils in Moleskine sketchbook, 11" x 16.5"
copyright Katherine Tyrrell


Over on making A Mark, I'm going to be reviewing the show and showing you what the work of five Gold Medal Winners looks like. (see RHS Botanical Art Show & Five Gold Medal Winners)

The bonus of having the car with me is I didn't have to struggle on and off the tube with my purchases at the show - which included one very large lime green cymbidium orchid..........

This is just the top third of it!  It's so big it's still in its polythene enclosure while I try and work out where to put it......


Below are links to the show and one of my resources sites about botanical art

Links:

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE NOTE:
I always check identities and ALL links in comments for spam.

Due to excessive attempts to introduce spam via comments on this blog, I've introduced a regime where all comments with links in the ID or text to the websites of hotels/resorts/tourist destinations will NOT be approved and are deleted. The websites of repeat spammers are also reported to Google.

Nice, sensible people who are not new to blogging probably don't need to read my Comments Policy