Sunday, June 06, 2010

Sketching at the RA - Friends Room #7

 Sketching at the RA - Friends Room #7
8" x 10", pen and sepia ink and coloured pencils in Moleskine sketchbook

copyright Katherine Tyrrell

I haven't been posting a lot of late - and it's not that I haven't been sketching but rather that I haven't been scanning my sketches!

Lots of things to do meant some activities had to take a place in the queue and get done if I had the time.  So now having completely omitted to post in May, I'm on catchup! 

I spent a very interesting afternoon back in April at the 25th London Original Print Fair at the Royal Academy of Arts.

 The 25th London Original Print Fair
8" x 10", pen and sepia ink and coloured pencils in Moleskine Sketchbook
copyright Katherine Tyrrell

No scope for photographs - but I did sketch in the exhibition halls and - as per usual - in the Friends Room where I enjoyed my cup of tea and had a nice sit down on one of the sofas after wending my way round the very many stands.


The Friends Room sketch joins the series which I've been developing through trying to sketch people and their surroundings every time I visit - you can find links to the others in Interior landscapes with food - a Sketchbook

I'm going to be back at the RA next week - visiting a Friends Preview of the Summer Exhibition which opens to the public on 14th June

2 comments:

  1. I like the tender, delicate colours of your drawings. You do wonderful things with your coloured pencils!
    Lucia

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE NOTE:
I always check identities and ALL links in comments for spam.

Due to excessive attempts to introduce spam via comments on this blog, I've introduced a regime where all comments with links in the ID or text to the websites of hotels/resorts/tourist destinations will NOT be approved and are deleted. The websites of repeat spammers are also reported to Google.

Nice, sensible people who are not new to blogging probably don't need to read my Comments Policy