Thursday, June 25, 2009

Sketching at the RA - The Friends Room #4 and #5

This is the fifth in my mini series of sketches of the Friends' Room at the Royal Academy of Art.

Sketching at the RA - Friends Room #5
8" x 11.5" pencil and coloured pencils in A4 Moleskine Sketchbook
copyright Katherine Tyrrell

This is the first sketch in my brand new A4 size Moleskine Sketchbook. The paper is similar - but slightly different. I seemed to have difficulty getting depth of colour using coloured pencils - but only had a basic set of pencils with me so I'm open to a different interpretation. I've tweaked this sketch in Photoshop to show to the effect I was after - and would have got with my other (smaller) Moleskine as opposed to the one I got which was somewhat lighter

This sketch is one which I did in February last year. For some reason it never got posted on this blog!

Sketching at the RA - Friends Room #4
pencil and coloured pencils
copyright Katherine Tyrrell

You can see the other sketches in this series on my website - Interior Landscapes - Drawings by Katherine Tyrrell

Alternatively you can see them in the following posts on this blog:

1 comment:

  1. very lovely sketch! I've just been to the RA yesterday - enjoying the outdoor cafe.

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE NOTE:
I always check identities and ALL links in comments for spam.

Due to excessive attempts to introduce spam via comments on this blog, I've introduced a regime where all comments with links in the ID or text to the websites of hotels/resorts/tourist destinations will NOT be approved and are deleted. The websites of repeat spammers are also reported to Google.

Nice, sensible people who are not new to blogging probably don't need to read my Comments Policy