Sunday, May 17, 2009

Reflection in the British Museum

I sketched this bronze figue of a deity in the British Museum on Thursday = against the early evening light from the window behind. I think I must be having a "contre jour in pencil week" - this makes two on the trot!

Bronze figure of a deity
Ming 17th century, British Museum (Level 1)
11.5" x 8.5", pencil in sketchbook

copyright Katherine Tyrrell

There are lots of great objects to draw in the British Museum - the range is huge.

How to find the sketching stools!

As you enter the Great Court turn immediately to your right and then look to the rear and you should see a rack of folding sketching stools. They're not the comfiest of sketching stools if you're sketching for a long time but they certainly beat walking around London carrying your own!

2 comments:

  1. beautifl pencil work also love the viewers of the exhibition

    ReplyDelete
  2. Something I can not stress more to my students and that is how important it is to keep a sketchbook, fill it, and start another one, and so on. Lovely work by the way.

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE NOTE:
I always check identities and ALL links in comments for spam.

Due to excessive attempts to introduce spam via comments on this blog, I've introduced a regime where all comments with links in the ID or text to the websites of hotels/resorts/tourist destinations will NOT be approved and are deleted. The websites of repeat spammers are also reported to Google.

Nice, sensible people who are not new to blogging probably don't need to read my Comments Policy