Friday, May 16, 2008

Spring fields from Sissinghurst

Spring Fields
8" x 10" coloured pencils in Moleskine sketchbook
copyright Katherine Tyrrell

This was my sketch from the windows of the Barn Restaurant at Sissinghurst on Monday afternoon which I did while I drank my afternoon cup of tea after taking the previous sketch Spring at Sissinghurst as far as I wanted to go.

Below is a sketch of what the view slightly to the left of the one above looked like at about the same time of day in October 2006 (Autumn at Sissinghurst). It's always good to keep revisiting a place and to keep sketching the same view - I find it's different every time.

Autumn Fields
- the view at the rear of the restaurant at Sissinghurst
8" x 10" coloured pencils in Moleskine sketchbook

copyright Katherine Tyrrell

You can see another sketch of the English countryside which was also done this week - this time in Leicestershire in this post making a sketchbook and sketching in the landscape on my friend Vivien's blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE NOTE:
I always check identities and ALL links in comments for spam.

Due to excessive attempts to introduce spam via comments on this blog, I've introduced a regime where all comments with links in the ID or text to the websites of hotels/resorts/tourist destinations will NOT be approved and are deleted. The websites of repeat spammers are also reported to Google.

Nice, sensible people who are not new to blogging probably don't need to read my Comments Policy